Great, absolutely great. I just ordered a hard copy but I see you have
a stash right there?! It would make an awesome welcome gift for new
OSM (-US) members. Welcome package: the book, an OSM surveying vest
and a list of 10 1-hour cleanup projects in your own area.

Martijn

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Over the last week, Kate Chapman, Shaun McDonald and I worked together with
> some professional documentation people to write an open source OpenStreetMap
> getting started book.
> Please read my diary post to get an idea of what we
> did: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/iandees/diary/15152
> We're looking for feedback and help keeping it up to date. In the
> medium-term we'd like to expand this book so that it can replace the Getting
> Started pages on the wiki and create a second book to cover the more
> technical use cases (pulling the technical bits out of this current doc).
> -Ian

martijn van exel
geospatial omnivore
1109 1st ave #2