On 27. 11. 11 22:20, John F. Eldredge wrote:
Parveen Arora<m...@parveenarora.in>  wrote:

Hi all,

Please let me know some good application to use vector data of osm on
android phone becase tiles needs a lot of bandwidth to access the maps
easily.

I have tried many applications but not found any satisfactory
applocation
till now.

All the applications availble are third party  applications and ask to
pay
for them at some point.

I want to know is there any official osm application for android or if
there is any work going on it.

Unless you are talking about a very small area, say just a kilometer or so
across, I don 't think you are likely to get good results trying to render maps
directly on the phone.  Phones are rather limited in memory and CPU speed
compared to even a low-end desktop or laptop computer.

John, you would be very surprised by the vector rendering on some phones:
You can load 1GB pbf of your country in a phone, and browse the map. As simple as that !

Yves