On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:54:43 +0530, Parveen Arora wrote:

> Yes i am also using this OSMand and almost all the applications mentioned
> on the wiki page of osm for android.
> Only osmand+ is having the facility to use vector data not the free version
> of it and I have also not found any other freely available application to
> use vector data.

If you did read the messages better, you would have seen that OsmAnd+ is not
necessarily to be paid ;)
The pay version is really a "donation"; but you can get that same version
without paying.

> Almost all the applications available in the android market are cheap but
> not all the users personally me would like to pay for using it because its
> data is already being provided by osm free of cost.

Then we think differently :)
I think that donations to free/opensource developers are a good way to support
them (i.e. free software shouldn't necessarily be "free as in beer")

David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
 `. `'`  GPG: 1392B174 ----|---- http://deb.li/dapal