On 26/02/2012 11:57, Philip Barnes wrote:
My problem is that where one of these roads crosses the path of the
disused Wellington to Market Drayton railway, there is a stone bridge
over the road with a height restriction. For a working railway this is
easy, but the disused railway tag seems to have no bridge attributes. I
have added them, but no bridge has appeared on the map.

Apart from the lack of rails, this line is very much in existence on the
ground, with embankments and bridges still in place.

The bridge in question is here
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.78617&lon=-2.55434&zoom=18

That bridge is tagged as "bridge=generic bridge".
If it is a generic bridge, then just tag it as "bridge=yes". Then it will be rendered correctly on Mapnik.

Plus I'd agree with what Chris says - if its possible to walk/drive along it, then also tag it as a path or track etc.

Craig