On 3/3/2012 8:24 PM, John F. Eldredge wrote:
We don't have "zero-point" markers in the USA, either, at least not from my
experience.  However, the highway departments seem to be referring to some point in or
near the center of the cities, judging from the distances shown.

Sometimes it's to the center (usually the courthouse or city hall?) and sometimes to the city limits. The only zero point I know of (that's not intended for only one road) is the Zero Milestone in DC, and its use never caught on.