On 3/22/2012 2:27 PM, Robert Scott wrote:
On Thursday 22 March 2012, LM_1 wrote:
I have created a new proposal for group relation (type). It is
intended to reduce tagging duplication and make it easier to map dense
public transport areas by grouping ways that are used by multiple
transport lines (not having to add the same group to multiple route
relations).
The proposal is here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Group_Relation
IMO this would make life significantly more painful for data consumers.

+1 or 1,000 from me! Especially as more developers move to being data/API consumers rather than tile server retrieve-and-display.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ