Paul Norman writes:
 > I have been running a nightly coastline generation on my server, using the
 > latest data from my jxapi server. Tonight I switched it over to filter out
 > data that WTFE reports as dirty. This is somewhat more aggressive than the
 > rebuild will be, but the results are worrisome.

Nahhhh, not particularly. If you've looked at the PGS, you'll see that
it is 99% crap. My problem with it is that 1) it's public domain, 2)
imported by an anonymous user, 3) I fixed it in my region, leaving
nothing remaining from the original import except the node and way
existence, BUT (you knew there was a but) without the odbl=clean tag
that I added, it would have been deleted. Or, at least, OSMI says it
would have been deleted.

Why are we deleting public domain data from OSM? If it says
source=PGS, it should not be deleted no matter who did the import.
If it was subsequently edited by a decliner, well, that's different.

It's particularly galling that anonymous users who haven't accepted or
declined are having their copyright respected. If you don't post your
land *with your name and address* in New York State, you cannot
successfully pursue a claim of trespass.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog