My 2p:

Leave it to [2].
A. since it is no effort
B. any problems created by the redaction should be noticeable by [2] whether it
was caused by the bot or *any other normal edit*

Apart from deletions, but then the gives mappers (including new mappers!)
something to (re)map via local knowledge or other ODBL compatible sources - if
they are so inclined to notice something is missing.

I sort of like the idea of creating out of band info in OpenStreetBugs for
items that are deleted - i.e. just 'something was here' not sure how that can
be legal since that itself is a derivative of a decliners IP.

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.