Hi there,

Am Freitag, den 27.04.2012, 02:28 +0100 schrieb SomeoneElse:
> I noticed this while looking at the map here:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.001059&lon=34.825519&zoom=18&layers=M
>
> The  "Hires coverage of Bing imagery in the Near East" label is from the
> name on this relation:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1298962
>
> Regardless of the "perhaps the map shouldn't render unknown things just
> because of name=blah" issue, I'd argue that metadata such as this really
> doesn't belong in OSM.  I've messaged the three previous editors of this
> relation and two haven't objected to it's removal (the other one hasn't
> replied).  Can anyone put forward a good reason why it should be kept?

There will be always things in the database that is not on the ground.

You'll find many things tagged with "note=experimental, please don't
delete this object,..". Or "note=penholder relation, ...", "note=mapping
coordination, ...".

Unfortunatly a renderer or any other bot cannot read this note messages.

Some time ago I've created a draft about such objects:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/osm

This would help to differ between real objects and artifitial objects
easily.
Even if nobody likes that artifitial objects it would be easy to ignore
them.

Regards
Werner (werner2101)