On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Alex Barth <a...@mapbox.com> wrote:

> I'm working with Rub21 right now on improving Lima. We're finding a lot of
> disconnected streets there. What's the story behind these? I'm seeing that at
> least some of the remaining streets are by user Telecom IP - I'll be sending
> him a message. Not sure whether this is license change related, I remember
> seen these disconnected roads in Lima well before the bots kicked in.
>
> Right now our plan of action is to repair the streets that match nicely with
> Bing satellite imagery and not touch those that don't. I'd like to eventually
> repair or remove the ones that appear to be garbage, too.
>
> Also posted here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/16799

I remember seeing these a while ago. Obviously a terribly executed
import. From the little bit of poking around I did it looked like all
the "S/N" streets should have either not been imported at all or maybe
been tagged as highway=service/service=alley.

I'm not sure if there has been any discussion among the local
community about this. If there is a desire to do a mass removal of
some of the import, feel free to ask for help.

Toby