Hi,

As you can see here, local people are becoming active themselves in Peru
(and Lima):

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-pe/2012-April/thread.html

Maybe you can write a mail in English to their list. At least some of them
will be able to communicate in English. I'm sure they'll welcome all the
help they can get. I'm a member of that list, but I'm mostly working on
Cusco. If nobody responds in English to you, I'll translate your messages.

Polyglot