On 15/05/2012 15:37, Pieren wrote:
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Kate Chapman<k...@maploser.com>  wrote:

Personally I think it is discouraging. I think positive encouragement
is much better than this negative method.

The problem is that this page is mixing real mistakes (mainly bad
imports) and areas where the geodata do not comply with...

The page also includes a good part of ignorance. The Worst of "Worst of OSM" is an example from Brasilia where the question is: "Do they have road names at all in Brazil?"

The simple answer is: Not necessarily in Brasilia, where block names are quite popular. This went over various lists recently, e.g. [1]. If one doesn't know a minimum about a given area, it could be wise to keep one's mouth shut rather than pointing to "mistakes".

Hermann

[1] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2012-April/009878.html