On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM, John Goodman <j...@qlam.com> wrote:
> I sent a message to User "Matt" (who supposedly maintains OWL) last Friday,
> but never got a reply.

deepest apologies for not getting back to you. unfortunately the
ongoing license change is absorbing all of my free time at the moment.

> Even when the maps were working, its RSS feed was something like 40 days
> behind. I posted about that two weeks ago here and no one seems to know what
> is going on.

the situation is: OWL was running on the development machine, but the
load it was causing on that (shared) machine was so high that it
generally wasn't able to keep up with the main database. to free up
that machine so that others can actually use it, another machine was
allocated and partially set up (called 'zark'). we hit the license
change at around the same time, which is going to mean changes in the
history, and OWL must be updated to be aware of those.

in summary, OWL on the dev machine is probably not coming back. OWL on
zark will be coming online after the license change, or sooner if
someone wants to volunteer to do the rest of the development / set-up
to get it working. *but* even if it comes back sooner, it's likely
there will be some pretty significant re-loading to do after the
license change is finished.

cheers,

matt