> From: SomeoneElse [mailto:li...@mail.atownsend.org.uk]
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Redaction finished already?
>
> Jan Kučera wrote:
> > Ok so are imports allowed again?
> >

> Back in April I made this request:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/talk@openstreetmap.org/msg42372.html
>
> and I'd suggest that it would help mappers if imports stayed off for a
> while too.  In some areas there's a fair bit of tidying up still to be
> done, and it isn't always obvious whether an import would partially
> duplicate something that got partially redacted.

I would also favour continuing the block on imports and mechanical edits
until about one week after a new planet is released. This would help
downstream consumers of diffs by avoiding unnecessarily large diffs at a
time when everyone will be reimporting.

After all, imports that are currently taking place are not urgent.