On 9/9/2012 11:33 AM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
As for authentication: I don't buy the 'That would make me sign up to
a new thing and I would need to remember another password' argument
and in general I strongly support integrating OSM authentication with
existing authentication domains.

I agree here - because it would still use OpenID, etc the only thing to lose would be the capability to reuse the OSM password. But as we all know, reusing passwords across sites is a poor security practice and should be discouraged.

The added exposure through StackExchange can only help. Highly technical people are part of the population profile we are trying to attract.