On 10.09.2012 11:33, Ilya Zverev wrote:
Alas, in those months the file has
only been statistically analyzed (thanks to Pascal Neis and Steven Kay),
but no practical use for that array of data has been found.

Probably no one is interested in GPS points any more.

I had developed a JOSM plugin and a server backend to download very fast blocks of GPS data. I assumed it be a good companion to the overpass mirror of OSM data. And fetching GPS points from the API is sometimes slow as hell.

My demo implementation consisted of a JOSM extension and a server backend to provide GPS points (full resolution).

The planned architecture also took intelligent caching and updating into account (in case more GPS exports would be available).

I asked around for some feedback, but no one was interested in that plugin.

I considered it useful for aligning aerial images and remapping some areas, but as no feedback arrived at all I did not put further energy into development.

My server resources would not allow to provide it on a global scale anyway. My demo data covers Thailand, in case someone wants to give it a try.

Regarding your project: Z11 is way to highlevel. Have you thought about better resolution? Maybe Z19 or Z20?

Stephan