2012/9/20 pavithran <pavithra...@gmail.com>:
> Having said that How much is it OSM data?

That's a question I am also interested in. When the first preview of
their maps became available it looked very much like OSM data to me in
my area. The forests were taken from OSM, no doubt (same shape and
coverage only where there is coverage in OSM, I am speaking for
central Italy here, and other places might well be created from
different sources).

On the other hand I tried to find the typo of the florence dome in OSM
data ("Santa Maria del Fiore", in iOS maps "Santa Maria dei Fiori")
and couldn't find it (neither in the current geometry, nor in the
deleted one):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/43768260/history
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/23298906/history
(checked more, but none of them had the name in it)

Didn't have a full-history at hand, but maybe someone who does could
make a grep?

First picture here shows a screenshot of this place in iOS:
http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com/

> if you look at
> http://gspa21.ls.apple.com/html/attribution.html
> there is a line "(OSM)
> OpenStreetMap contributors, http://www.openstreetmap.org/ "

Does this mean that all of those maps are now under OdbL? (At least,
if they use up to date data only available under ODbL?)

cheers,
Martin