Am 30.09.2012 um 02:04 schrieb Paul Norman <penor...@mac.com>:

> in a city where the buildings are joined). A complete
> analysis is beyond the scope of this email, but we can get an idea from [2]
> and the fact that the most common unsimplified building area in the import
> is 6 square meters[3]. This indicates that the case of a  building way with
> attached ways to represent the porches and other attached areas.

I guess these are mainly garages and car ports, not porches

> If you assume wall=no buildings attached to buildings without a wall tag can
> be combined, I would estimate that the number of ways is at least 1.5x what
> it needs to be.

-1, I'd suggest building=roof for those that are roofs. IMHO it is nice to
distinguish them. Why do you think that mappers wouldn't do this as well?
If it's different buildings attached to each other they shouldn't be a single
blob.

Cheers,
Martin