Well, I don't care if Google is obtaining these roads manually or
automatically. The result is lousy in both cases.

Have a look what a single local mapper can achieve and compare it to Google
http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/?mt0=googlemap&mt1=mapnik&lon=102.67883&lat=16.
62325&zoom=14

And the map is also available bilingual
http://thaimap.osm-tools.org/?zoom=14&lat=16.62325&lon=102.67883&layers=B00

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:35 PM Jean-Marc Liotier