Hi! First of all, I'd like to ask those who gave talks at SotM US 2012 to publish their slides and notes and link them from the wiki page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_U.S._2012/Schedule

Also, a small announcement. In mid-November we are organizing the first Russian conference on open GIS and open geodata: http://gisconf.ru/en/ There will be a separate track just for OpenStreetMap talks. The official language for this conference is Russian, but I doubt there will be anyone who doesn't understand English, so if you plan to visit Russia next month -- we'd be glad to see you. Of course, we can provide invitations and whatever is needed for getting a visa. If you want to give a talk -- which would be great -- call for papers ends in two weeks. I'm 1) sorry for delaying this announcement; 2) ready to answer any questions :)

IZ