I live in Indonesia.  Someone emailed me because they watch the coastlines.

I was amazed.  I have asked myself for 6 months how he did that, does that,
and if I can do that.

I know it's possible to watch the area of a bounding box...I signed up for
something to receive an RSS update of changes happening within that
bounding box.

I do hope this can become part of the ... expected use ...of changesets
..or the api.

It seems to me this is the way that the project, the OSM project, can
be...like Wikipedia...with a lot of editors watching the same area or
nodes/ways.
I don't mean to make any other comparison with that, I just mean that it
enables a lot of focused collaboration.

Alex