Russ -

I agree that rules can be tricky. Would it be possible, to play around with
the code you've written, to see what results it generates?

The issue I'm trying to address is this: people who sign up for OSM & then
make 0 edits. Why? Is it because they cannot find the editor? Is it because
they don't know what to edit?

I'm trying to hit the latter question, which is where I think I'm trying to
do something different from what Robin & Serge discuss - there *are* people
who don't know what OSM offers them that interests them. They haven't
decided to go out for a walk yet, they haven't decided they're going to
test the waters. OSM can be intimidating. How do we make it less so?

- Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas