On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If mappers in Europe and North America think that z18 doesn't show enough
> detail, then imagine what it must be like for mappers who are located
> nearer to the equator. Because of the Mercator projection we use, higher
> latitudes have a larger scale than places near the equator.

Interesting. Didn't come to think of the scale but referred to the North /
South difference meaning that in Germany/Finland/USA/etc there usually is
at least 10m between two POIs where as in Haiti and a huge number of other
counties in the "South" there isn't necessarily even 5. ... The scale issue
makes it even more obvious that especially in the South there is a clear
need for higher zoom levels.

-Jaakko