On 21/01/13 20:11, Roland Olbricht wrote:
> 5) Link to the Wikipedia entry if there is one, with priority to the
> UI's language of choice. This has been done before, I think, in the
> Wikipedia POI map. You could maybe use the same api to get the correct
> language.
> I thought that the wikipedia link is present explicitly in the tags, isn't
> it?
> The question is whether it is possible to link to a different language
There are various methods in linking Wikipedia articles in the
'wikipedia' tag. One is a complete URL and then it's possible to provide
a <lang>:<article> reference to it. If I were to tag the article version
on the Icelandic Wikipedia, non-Icelandic speakers wouldn't have much
use for it. That's why the Wikipedia POI map provides a link to the
article in the language configured in the UI, if one can be found
through interwiki links. I know there is an API for that, somewhere.

For some reason, it's also possible to tag Wikipedia articles with
wikipedia:<lang>=<article_name_or_url>. I think the Wikipedia POI map
ignores those but I'm not sure.

- Svavar Kjarrval