Hi all, hi Simon,

I tried to wait a day and think about what's been written and to calm
down about this unspeakable issue. But I can't stop myself from
replying.

I don't mind about the word/trademark GEOCODE, nor do I mind about your
wiki changes. But what makes me furious is your/the OSMF's handling of a
community project.

Simon Poole wrote:
> Please address any questions on the matter to me by e-mail and not to
> the list.

It is unacceptable that an issue like this is/should be processed in a
private manner when in fact everyone in the community is concerned.
Second, I'd like to see the C&D. As a matter of course this should be
the first thing that happens: Publish the C&D before any other actions
are taken, even before you contact a laywer.

I'm really disappointed and angry about this issue. What happens here is
not the understanding of a *community project* I have. I'd like the OSMF
to become more democratic and community based. It should be the mappers
that decide and be able to decide (and thereby I don't mean voting some
members every few years) and not the board. Therefore, it would be a
great start if OSMF members could file a motion that has to be decided
on (mine would be to publish the C&D ;)). I also still hope, Frederik
will give a statement in this thread, too.

Peda