On 20-2-2013 10:47, Peter Körner wrote:
Hi

I revived the Multilingual Country-List tool. Now with Overpass-API as source, it's a useful tool again. If you find the time, head over to <http://toolserver.org/~mazder/multilingual-country-list/> and look for your favorite language.

If you find a low completeness (<100%), check out the list of the country names. If they are translated well, click the "mark ok" link and your progress rises.

If the translation is bad, use the josm link to update load up the respective node and add a name:XX tag with the correct translation. Less then 10 minutes later, the update should arrive in the list and you can mark the now fixed translation as OK.

Have fun!
Peter

Hi Peter,

Great idea :) However, I have the impression that a couple of countries is missing. For example, Guernsey is included, but Jersey is not. Shouldn't we stick to a list like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states
Most of it is already there. Or would this be a too sensitive subject?

Frank