2013/2/25 Janko Mihelić <jan...@gmail.com>:
> I don't think separating rock music venues and concert halls is a good idea.
> They are basically the same thing, a big room where music is played.

I don't agree at all with this. They are very different features with
the only thing in common that there is someone playing "music" and
there is a space for an audience to listen to. We already have other
features in OSM which also describe features that are included in this
definition (e.g. bandstand).

Of course there are different possibilities to structure the world
into "classes", but for me a concert hall merits a different base tag
than a music venue for rock concerts. And of course there might also
be places where they perform both kinds of concerts (but I guess
that's the exception and not the standard).

cheers,
Martin