2013/2/25 Peter Wendorff <wendo...@uni-paderborn.de>

> I like the idea of tags for concert hall, music venue and the like, but it
> should be possible to mix them, e.g. by using a very generic term (like
> amenity=event_location) and several sub tags (like: concert_events=yes,
> sport_events=regularly, theatre=yes, opera=no, parties=no, conferences=yes)
> or something like that.

I've been thinking about this problem a lot, and I think those tags
shouldn't be taken to seriously. They are all pretty vague and have lot's
of gray areas. So I'm sure a place exists that could be tagged as a caffe,
fast_food, restaurant, pub and a night_club. I think we shouldn't lose too
much sleep over it. Just use the one that surrounding people use most.

But if we want to be precise, we can invent a big collection of attributes
which should be strictly used. Tags like service:bicycle:rent=yes,
dance_podium=yes, service:food:pizza=yes, service:drink:coffee=yes etc.
That's information you should be able to rely on. If you have a
amenity=caffe + service:food:pizza=yes, it can still be called a caffe.

Janko