Hi,

> I don't know what is planned and by whom, just two things to inform the
> discussion -

The EWG and I have considered to run an Overpass instance on the openstreetmap
servers. This may eventually happen in the future, but for the current beta
page the overpass-api.de server instance has sufficient ressources and it
guaranteed to run until at least 2015, as Frederik has explained.

Knowing from the beta how much ressources are necessary for an osm.org instance
later on will help to choose the right hardware and a sustainable usage policy.

Cheers,

Roland