On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:30:58 Vladimir Vyskocil wrote:
> > That's how it is I'm afraid, and that is a good example.  I'd suggest
> > that node needs an additional tag - junction=yes - as described in the
> > wiki to make it very clear.  It should also be merged with the node at
> > the intersection of the two ways that actually form the crossroads.
>
> But how to deal with complex crossroads where there's not a single point of
> junction, but many (oneway or not) lanes crossing at different points ? A
> relation with type=junction referencing all the crossing points and
> carrying the name of the whole crossroad ?

Maybe that would work.  We do need that in Korea, as there are many
dual-carriageways crossing other dual-carriageways with slipways between
them.  Drivers using any road would need to see the name of the approaching
junction, but it's the same name.  Right now I think each junction node is
just tagged with the same information.

I can raise the issue on the talk-ko list to get more input, but really, a
simple and obvious solution like this could be used right away.

Best wishes,

Andrew