On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Christoph Bünte
<christ...@sozialhelden.de>wrote:

> Am 18.04.2013 um 13:33 schrieb André Riedel:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > do you still support only poi nodes instead of areas too (e.g.
> buildings, parks, ...)? If so, one reason could be the change from poi
> nodes to better poi areas.
>
> Thanks to Frederik Ramm we also support ways for more than a year now. My
> first guess was that there was something wrong on our servers. But
> everything works fine. That's why i think there a conversion from one tag
> to another going on. As it is happening all over the world this might be
> something with public transport. But i couldn't figure out which.

What about relations? Although I'm not sure that would account for all of
those numbers.

> > For example:
> > Previously tagged node of a restaurant is replaced by a more complex
> way. This way represents the whole restaurant building and is of course
> tagged with the wheelchair-key.
> >
> > Next question: Could you show the best entrance to a restaurant, if one
> is accessible by a wheelchair and the second one not?
>
> No, we don't. Is this a feature request?

Yes and it has been declined before :)

http://wheelmap.uservoice.com/forums/31554-general/suggestions/1157049-support-entrances-to-buildings

And I can see the reasoning for things like restaurants and such being more
confusing but for larger buildings (universities, malls, government
buildings, etc) it really would be useful.

Toby