+1
I think, performance reasons (that are performance reasons in some
browsers, no matter which ones) aren't a reason not to "publish" a web
application, but in contrast to do it - and point to the browser vendors
if their browser is lacking that performance.
If a web app is slow in any browser or slow in any-but-one browser on
the market, that's obviously a problem mainly of the software
("optimized for IE 5 at 1024x768" comes to mind), but if it's the
minority of (current) browsers who lack performance it's an issue there.

It might be useful to acknowledge that on the website, like "you use iD
with Firefox 12. We know that there are performance issues yet with this
browser, but we believe these are due to issues in Firefox, not in iD.
Please vote for the bugzilla tickets #12423 and #876343 for that".

regards
Peter