Hello,

On the main map at osm.org there is a 'permalink' hyperlink, which
generates a URL encoding the current view of the map.  It is easy to change
this into a marker link by editing the URL and changing "lat" and "lon" to
"mlat" and "mlon".

Would it be beneficial to add another hyperlink which will do this
automagically?  Maybe called "markerlink", which produces a URL containing
"mlat" and "mlon".

I know it means work for someone, but if it's a good idea then hopefully it
can be implemented easily.  I don't know if it's been suggested before, but
if such a feature were available I would use it a lot.  I often make my own
OSM marker links to send to people by editing the permalink URL, so I'd
appreciate a one-click function to do this.

Comments please.  If it's a good idea I will submit it to OSM trac.

Thanks,

Andrew