On 2013-05-23 14:38, Simon Poole wrote:
As I promised in February I investigated with our North American
counsel what they would consider acceptable use of terms similar to
the GEOCODE trademark, they came back with examples that they all
considered OK. I've created a wiki page for future reference
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geocode_Trademark [1]

The lawyers didn't look at the use of geocode in the URLs of Google maps? Is that or is that not legal to use? Or better: are we or are we not allowed place such an URL in the wiki? Since that was what all the hubbub was about, the removal of all these links.

Maarten