On 2013-07-22 06:33, John Firebaugh wrote:
The rationale for making the change in Leaflet is to make it so that
you can zoom in several levels on a given point without needing to
reposition your cursor at each zoom level. For that reason, I prefer
the new behavior.

Zooming in by using the scroll-wheel did the same in the old framework. Basically the new framework removes functionality. I don't think that's a good idea.

I hadn't noticed this yet, but IMHO it's a bad thing. There are occasions when I am looking for a particular point to be the map center. Dragging the map to the center is no solution because my sight is not absolute and I do not know what the center of my browserscreen is.

Included in the next set of changes to the map UI is the ability to
add a marker to the permalink. It will be positionable via dragging.
No URL editing required:

http://mapui.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/ [3]

It is nice to give a link to the development map (at least I assume it is), but how do you set that marker?

Regards,
Maarten