It looks more like Mapbox Streets rendering.

Here's a quick screenshot of Mapbox Streets at zoom level 17 for comparison:

http://cl.ly/image/0H0w2Q1S3b3T

--
Tom Morris
http://tommorris.org/

On 22 July 2013 at 17:05:46, Simon Hewison (si...@zymurgy.org) wrote:

In today's Metro free tabloid newspaper in London, there's sponsored article
(promoting Expedia), which extolls the virtues of the Shoreditch area of
London. Fair enough, they want a map, so they've taken Openstreetmap data,
tweaked the rendering to abbreviate street names (Old Street becomes Old St),
tweaked the styling, but it looks very much like Mapnik, and an old copy
of Openstreetmap data, based on the building outlines (I know, I mapped some
of the buildings there).

Oh, and they've not attributed Openstreetmap as the map data source.

http://www.zymurgy.org/~simon/metro_osm_no_attribution.jpg
vs
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.52694&lon=-0.08141&zoom=17&layers=M

Print copy is Metro newspaper, page 33, Monday 22 July 2013.

--
Simon Hewison