Kathleen Danielson wrote:
    I'm coming to the same conclusion ... need SOMETHING rather than having to
    decode other information. Since there is now a tab for the links, perhaps
    that could also be used to add the location information as well. It's now
    even more difficult to quickly zoom out to find out where in the world a
    link has dropped you ... Even just a country would be very helpful.

Lester-- FWIW, I've created a github issue that's pretty closely related to
this: https://github.com/systemed/iD/issues/1651

Somewhat of kilter but that would be another useful to have feature. My mapserver based stuff has an overview view in which one can see where you are and quickly navigate to another area easily. I'm talking about the general viewing on the main map while your issue is targeted to the editors? The point I was trying to make is the fact that when one is supplied a link one often does not know where in the world it is, especially the encrypted ones. I asked a number of times in the past for some description on where we have been parachuted into, and this new links tab seems the obvious place for at least a 'Bolivia, South America' or the like?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL