Alex Barth wrote:
    They are being signed up directly to OSM ...

Any user coming from Foursquare has to actually create their own account
manually if they don't have one yet, just like anyone else. (Not sure if this is
what you were getting at.)

That was what I was saying poorly :)
The main point was that the material 'added' to osm is properly licensed to osm. I'd not considered that there would be substantial POI data in foursquare that was not already present in some format in osm. This may be a 'country' facet since I'm only looking at UK data and certainly dumping foursqaure data into the UK would hit a substantial number of existing locations? In other countries this may not be the case and may be worth the exercise if more detailed material is not otherwise available?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL