Kathleen Danielson wrote:
Even though this thread isn't about bringing foursquare data into OSM (I have no
idea what, if any, conversations around that have been held), we should
definitely take note that there is an almost parallel community of extremely
like-minded editors out there, and we would be lucky to have them join our
community. We should engage with them and share knowledge!

When adding a new POI location, my own starting point is to establish the correct position on OSM, and add the address details so that routing can find the postcode, and then use the location as a tag for the third party links. If we promote this process with the likes of foursquare, then the primary POI will be clean OSM data? It does not matter where in the world you are ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL