Just a couple of notes that might anticipate some questions.

The EWG is trying to figure out how to handle getting translations of new
features in a better way and will be discussing this at our next meeting.

> The best way to do this is probably to fork the relevant source code on
> github ( https://github.com/osmlab/openstreetmap-website/ in the
> welcome-2 branch), and then edit your local language translation file.

If you are able to do a complete translation of the welcome_page section
but aren't comfortable with git, github, and making pull requests against
a specific branch, I'm sure someone can take your translation and do the
request for you.

> The English reference file is
> https://github.com/osmlab/openstreetmap-website/blob/welcome-
> 2/config/locales/en.yml
>
> The main section that needs translating is the "welcome_page:" section.

An exact link is
https://github.com/osmlab/openstreetmap-website/blob/welcome-2/config/locale
s/en.yml#L1151-L1194

Also, it's been open for a month and sent out to the talk@ list for
comment a couple of times, but the link to the github issue for general
discussion about welcome page issues is
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/338