On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer

> apples and pears, deleting an article in WP is much harder and no one can do
> it alone, we're not discussing the deletion of a tag but the deletion of a
> complete object including its history (they remain in the db but finding them
> gets quite complicated), and especially cases where these deletions lead to
> further inconsistencies (objects referenced in relations)

I'm not going to compare a node with one or two tags with a wikipedia article...
Again, about deletion, it would not be so 'dramatic' in OSM if it
would be easier to restore the element and its history. We have since
the beginning an unbalanced power of anyone who can be destructive but
restoration is only possible from advanced, skilled users which is a
limited resource.

Pieren