OK I've spent most of the day playing with id trying to make it work in a manor that works for me. I'm at the point where I'm working out how to add missing icons to the library, and I'm having some trouble finding a suitable reference set to work from.

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/tree/master/symbols has rather small icons, but some varying sizes, and is not suitable as a base for larger size icons. I think the default here is only 12x12 icons?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/potlatch2/tree/master/resources/icons seems to be a fairly complete 16x16 set and has all the missing icons but can't be used with id which expects circular ones. JOSM uses the same set of icons? My quick comparison would suggest so, and certainly I was seeing the same style from both.

I've got the compiled png file for id, but have yet to find the source set for these and we need a 24x24 base image which is then scaled for 16x16 and 12x12, but because of the round bubbles used in id the corners can't be used.

My current thought is to take the JOSM/P2 icon set and use the missing ones to complete the id library, but since these are no longer used on the main map is anybody working on a better reference set?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL