Counting tags instead of objects is another way to handle this, add some
bonus for polygons instead of single nodes POI.

If you want to take into account not only new objects, have a look at
augmented-diffs which allow to easily track changes on objects without
having to maintain a full OSM database as they provide previous and new
version of a modified object. This allows to detect new tags added on an
existing object.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Augmented_Diffs

2013/8/27 Bryce Nesbitt <bry...@obviously.com>

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Matt McNabb <mmcn...@caerusassociates.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Is there a way in which we can easily track each individual POI addition
>> per team member, rather than the number of uploads?
>>

> How much trouble to do you want to go through for this?  If you want it
> automated and detailed, it may take some scripting to load each changeset
> and get the details.
>
> You'd want to track
> 1) New objects created and tagged.   These could be nodes or ways, and
> will be at version=1.
> 2) Objects (node or way) edited.  If the object is already present in the
> map, we want people to edit not replace or duplicate.
>
> You don't want to reward overmapping (e.g. drawing a toilet building with
> 50 node points)... so I'd count just once for each unique tagged object (be
> it node, way or relation).

Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France
Un nouveau serveur pour OSM... http://donate.osm.org/server2013/