Hello,

I've run into some problems with osm2pgsql parsing of multipolygon
relations, so I've opened an issue on github [1]. It turned out that the
behavior was recently changed.

The remaining question is, what should be the correct behavior?

The question is not easy to answer, because there are many multipolygon
relations with deprecated tagging scheme - having the relevant tags on
member ways instead of directly on the relation. Thus, osm2pgsql needs
to do some kind of magic to determine what tags were meant for the
multipolygon and what tags were meant for the individual ways only.

There is probably no perfect solution, but we need to decide which of
the imperfect ones will be considered the "correct" one ;-) So, what is
your opinion on this?

Best regards,
Petr Morávek aka Xificurk

[1] https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/issues/80