On Sep 23, 2013, at 10:45 PM, Jochen Topf <joc...@remote.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 01:44:23PM -0700, Paul Norman wrote:

It would be great if support for semicolons was opt-in for tags. If a
particular tag supports semicolons it should be documented along with the
appropriate semantics (ordered vs. unordered, etc.) during merges, and with a
hint in taginfo that editors could follow. Tags that don't opt-in should not
get special treatment.