Hi Richard,

In my opinion, changing the back end (which would be ton of work), is
probably not the best way of addressing the issues you are seeing.

We are still dealing with the hangover from the batch poorly done
imports in 2009 and 2010.
We also have an editor issue.

A better approach would be to

- Run an project to try to fix the imported poorly borders in the US,
like we are fixing the tiger data. Or perhaps just pull them all out
and re-import, state by state.
- Make some changes to the editors to not allow dragging an entire
admin border over, and not sticking other things to them by default.

Thanks
Jason