2013/12/5 Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>

> I would like to request that 'start_date' is automatically populated with
> ad the very least, the current date, but with an option to update it based
> on what is being traced from?

if you are refering to the tag "start_date" than I strongly oppose this
idea. Hardly ever will the start_date of an object be the same than the
time the mappers adds it. If you are refering to changesets or version
timestamps then you are a lucky man, because this is already done. Every
single version of every single osmobject has a precise timestamp with not
only date but also hours, minutes and seconds.

cheers,
Martin