Anyone mapping (on the ground) in Ghana and/or involved in community mapping
there?
A member of my family is going there shortly and emailed me:
"I'm looking at the Kakum national park and surrounding area (5-10km). I'm most
interesting in doing some mapping with the communities - participatory mapping.
I doubt much has been done, but if you know of anything or anyone working in
that area it'd be useful to be put in touch."
I have looked at the Ghana page on wiki but it looks inconclusive and
out-of-date.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ghana
Can also show him http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/oooc but suspect many of the
Ghana entries are armchair mappers.

Cheers
Steve

Steve Chilton FSEDA, Learning Support Fellow
Educational Development Manager
Educational Development Unit
Middlesex University
phone: 020 8411 5355
email: ste...@mdx.ac.uk
Profile: http://www.middlesex.wikispaces.net/user/view/steve8

Chair of the Society of Cartographers: http://www.soc.org.uk/
Chair of ICA Neocartography Commission: http://neocartography.icaci.org/

Please note that Middlesex University's preferred way of receiving all
correspondence is via email in line with our Environmental Policy. All incoming
post to Middlesex University is opened and scanned by our digital document
handler, CDS, and then emailed to the recipient.

If you do not want your correspondence to Middlesex University processed in
this way please email the recipient directly. Parcels, couriered items and
recorded delivery items will not be opened or scanned by CDS.  There are items
which are "exceptions" which will be opened by CDS but will not be scanned a
full list of these can be obtained by contacting the University.