Morten Wang wrote:
Hi,

One of my current research projects[1] looks at OpenStreetMap and we're interested in knowing the number of views for different regions in North America (with North America as defined by Geofabrik[2]).

and (apologies for stating what might be obvious but) it's difficult or impossible to get all views of "the data" - any logs from osm.org will miss anyone accessing the data from any other source - be it standalone maps on phones and other devices, maps rendered by other people, use of the data other than in maps, etc. etc.

Cheers,

Andy