Hi,

some years ago I've started this article in the wiki about empty
relations, the reasons and the cleanup:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Empty_relations

Am Montag, den 16.06.2014, 13:17 -0700 schrieb Paul Norman:
> I'm proposing a regular mechanical edit to remove relations over two
> days old with no tags, no members, and that are version 1. The reasons
> for this are hopefully obvious. They should only exist through editor
> bugs, and contain no data from users of any kind. There are currently
> 1.4k relations like this.
>
> The technical details are at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/pnorman#Repeated_empty_relation_cleanup.
>
> I've done a similar mechanical edit in the past.

I've done semiautomatic cleanup in the past, too. But haven't worked on
it during the last year.

> Before actually conducting the edit, I want to see what editors were
> used, and submit bug reports if there's any regular problems.

Keep in mind. Some empty relations have been created on purpose.

Regards
Werner